What Personal Information About Customers Does ABCStores.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your ABC Stores experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses ABCStores.com and other content served by or on behalf of ABCStores.com on other websites.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from ABCStores.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, you have the option to unsubscribe.
Please Explain Cookies
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to better identify your likes and dislikes and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does ABCStores.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of ABCStores.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of ABCStores.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
ABCStores.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with ABCStores.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such ABCStores.com features such as your account profile and wish list.
- You can add, update, or remove certain information in your account profile.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your newsletter subscription. (If you do not want to receive Terms of Service and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of ABCStores.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Terms of Service, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit ABCStores.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms of Service, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Hawaii. If you have any concern about privacy at ABCStores.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We will e-mail you if there are any changes to our notices and conditions. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.